Saturday, June 30, 2012

Frisbee Tic-Tac-Toe & Smores

Today our scripture clue was in  1 Nephi 10:19.....

For he that dilligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round."

We played frisbee tic-tac-toe..........with ROUND frisbees (is there any other shape?)  We just used some side-walk chalk to make our own oversized tic-tac-toe board on the pavement outside. Then we broke into teams and had a few games. I found 5 yellow and 5 blue frisbees at the dollar store, and we took turns trying our hardest to make it on the board.   We didn't last long outside because it was 112 degrees today (FOR REALS).  But we are now the proud owners of 10 frisbees!  Yeah!


____________________________________________


Saturday our scripture clue was in 1 Nephi which talked about Lehi seeing God in a pillar if fire.....Our clue for our activity was in verse 6 which says....


"And it came to pass as he prayed unto the Lord, there came a pillar of fire and dwelt upon a rock before him; and he saw and heard much; and because of the things which he saw and heard he did quake  and tremble exceedingly."


So we decided to make s'mores over our pathetic, slightly embarressing "pillar of fire".


  




They loved it! Especially because we are not much for camping and I am pretty sure they have NEVER done this before. 


 
These last few days have been really rough for me. It is so hard to be ME in what feels like a 90 year old body. Pregnancy literally sucks all my energy out.

As I was running my 6 mile loop this morning I literally felt like I was going to die. I need two naps a day now and my poor children.......they are being ignored. So, our little 5 minute activities might not seem like much, but I am having to truly lower my expectations of myself in order to be a healthymomlady.

Amongst my wimpiness, however, I did make a few hand towels for drying our hands for the kitchen. Having all the kids home is making our kitchen hand towels vanish very rapidly. These, I LOVE  because they are attached to the stove handle and they don't keep falling off the dern range.  Hubster calls them "oven skirts"........the little turd!




 Woot Woot!

HERE is the printable pattern if you want to make one for your kitchen. They are really easy and fun to make. I just bought a 12 pack of white hand towels from Costco for $17.00 and it can make 24 hand towel holder thingys! That's a perty dern good, don't cha think?

Do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment