Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A "Special" Hike

What a wonderful activity we had today.  
One of my favorites!!!

Our scripture clue for our activity today was in Joseph Smith History vs 14 & 15 which says.....

"So, in accordance with this, my determination to ask of God, I retired to the woods to make the attempt. It was on the morning of a beautiful clear day, early in the spring of eighteen hundred and twenty.......After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God."

It was just the most beautiful day today.  Clear skies, spring weather......just as it probably was back then.  So I gathered the kids up for a special hike and picnic in the woods.




 I say "special" because we did a few "extras" along our way.  After scouting out the perfect place..... that most resembled what they thought the sacred grove would have looked like, we layed out a blanket for a picnic. 

(Sebastian spilled his water bottle all over his shirt.......
which is why he is here in the nude) 


While their mouths were full of food, I took the opportunity to read part of Joseph Smiths first vision to them.  Then I had the kids lay on the blanket while they listened to the hymn "Joseph Smiths First Prayer".   

The spirit was so very strong. We could almost envision a glimpse of what it would be like to have been there in the sacred grove that special day.  They all could feel the special feeling that was there.
I hope this little experience will be a treasure in their hearts as it will be in mine! 

One, two, three....swing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment