Monday, July 30, 2012

It stinketh!

Today our scripture clue was kind of silly.....

Ether 14:23:

"And the scent thereof went forth upon the face of the land, even upon all the face of the land; wherefore the people became troubled by day and by night because of the scent thereof. 


I'm not sure if it's because of my new hound-dog-type NOSE, but I can totally empathize with these people.  The scent troubles me by day and by night.....especially in the bathrooms.    We clean and clean and clean those babies, and they still don't smell nice.  So luckily,  I found this little recipe online of how to make your own air fresheners.

I got some cute little bottles from Ikea for $3 something for the set of 4.



Aren't they adorable?



Then I got our most handy and over sized bag of baking soda from Costco out..... and poured 1/2 cup into each jar with a funnel.



I ordered some essential oils from amazon .....each for about $6....


I got the orange, grapefruit, cinnamon bark, tea tree and lemon grass. I was trying to find some scents that seemed summer-y and clean smelling.

So the kids poured about 8-180 drops into each container and mixed it all up.  Then covered it with a piece of fabric of their choice and sealed it with a rubber band.  Then they tied some ribbon around the neck to hide the rubber band.







Derek's ---also baseball theme


We used my biggest quilting needle to poke some holes in the top and .......................


vvvvwwwwwaaaaalllllllaaaaaa!

It stinketh no more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment