Saturday, July 14, 2012

A little bit of everything...

This has been a crazy week.  Getting back from our get-a-way and trying to do as much as I can with absolutely no energy has really been a challenge.  BUT, I am so excited to finally have some answers to my crappiness.  My thyroid issues are causing all sorts of problems with my pregnancy.....which really explains why I have been feeling like I got thrown off a bridge 53 1/2 times.   Turns out....I needed double my dose of medicine AND I'm not suppose to take it with my prenatal vitamins.  Minor details my OB must have overlooked.  Little poopers!  So I gots me some new med's and hopefully after a few weeks, I should be feeling "normal pregnancy crappy".....yeah!!!!  I even took the entire week off exercising because I could barely meet the normal demands of a day...like cleaning the house and cooking meals. 

I feel smoooooooooshy!






So anyways, lets get to the fun stuff.....





Mosiah 2:6 was our clue on Wednesday.  It says...

"And they pitched their tents roundabout the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple...."


So we pitched a tent the "Stephens way"............. In the living room!   We are not campers!  We are hotel-ers!  What can I say. 


I admit it....this is not my best photography!


Then we talked about how important it is to have our focus towards those things of eternal worth, just as their tents were facing the temple where king Benjamin was going to speak.




*****




Thursday we continued with Mosiah 2 and our clue came from some of the words of King Benjamin. 

Verse 17: 

 "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom;  that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." 

So we made dinner for another family in our neighborhood who had a sick Mama!

The kids kept saying " Shouldn't someone be making YOU dinner Mom...cause you feel so yucky".  Funny little people!  It was a great teaching opportunity to remind them that whenever they are having a crappy day or feeling aweful.... if they will just try to find someone else to serve, their troubles will diminish..... as the Lord will bless them. 

*****




Friday our scripture clue was in Ether 9:19:

 "And they also has horses, and asses, and there were elephants .... all of which were useful unto man...."

So went to the Smithsonian National Zoo in DC for our activity....so we could see the elephants and so many other beautiful animals that Heavenly Father created for us to enjoy. 



My LOVE holding "little pants".

Look how close that Ape is!!!!  Sebastian was a little freaked out!
Not sure who the little one to the right is.....

Cooling off in the midst




Pooped!


Yeah, for the ZOO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment