Saturday, July 7, 2012

Unexpected Blessings

I received the most unexpected and wonderful surprise & blessing yesterday.  I was having a very hard day.  I dragged myself out running in the morning.....and then headed to my doctors appointment.  I had big plans of accomplishing so much for the day....but soon realized that it was just going to be one of those days.  I had absolutely NO energy.  I stopped at Costco to get a few groceries and nearly passed out getting out of the car.  So I headed home instead and landed my pathetic self on the couch....too weak to even prepare myself lunch.  My sweet Hubster made me lunch and then took the kids out for some fun (see below) while I slept most the afternoon.  When Sebastian woke up I wanted to cry because I had NOTHING left in me. Feeling like the worst Mom in the universe, I just prayed that I would be able to meet my families needs.  I laid on the floor by the toys with Sebastian and tried to hide my tears.  I knew I needed to make some dinner for myself and the family who would be soon returning from their excursion......but I could not move.  I had heard the phone ringing while I was taking a nap, so I thought I should check it to be sure everything was ok.   To my utter disbelief and surprise I had a message from a good friend who was bring our family dinner in a few minutes.  She had no idea that I was having a rough day. I had not talked to anybody.   I just melted into a flood of tears because of my gratitude  to my Heavenly Father for answering my prayers. 

Thanks Natalie!!! 

Since I have been having so many of these FUN days lately....our scripture clues have been very simple.  I am playing a little catch up here: 





You will never guess what our activity was on the Fourth of July! It's a tricky one!

The clue was in 1 Nephi 12:7 :

".......and I saw lightening's and I heard thunderings, and earthquakes and all manner of tumultuous noises"

So we made lots of fire and tumultuous noises with our fireworks. Sebastian was so amazed and also a little terrified with all the "fire in the sky"! I am so proud to be an American.  I always get so choked up when we sing that song.  How very blessed we are to live in a free country. 


    

Mosiah 2:9 was our next day clue.....

My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day..........that you should hearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear and your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view. 


So my sweet Hubster assembled the kids together and opened their ears so they could view a movie at the theatre.  While I stayed home and rested with the baby.  I am so grateful to have such a wonderful Husband who is such a good Father. 



D&C 124:116 was our scripture clue this Saturday. It says......

"And let him repent of all his folly, and clothe himself with charity; and cease to do evil, and lay aside all his hard speeches." 

So we made homemade Popsicles because they are hard and go in the same portal our speeches come out of.  We talked about how it is good for a Popsicle to be hard, but not our words and that we need to be careful in the way we talk to each other....to only use "soft speeches". 


Phewwwwwwwww....all caught up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment