Friday, July 27, 2012

Work, Prepare, Visit & Sale

I truly was anticipating feeling much better this week, since my med's have been modified.........but to my dismay!  I have felt worse than ever.  Truly this has been by far the hardest week so far.  I try not to be a big complainer, but I have felt myself entering the realm of self-pity.  It is hard to come out.  My life has been flipped upside down LITERALLY. 

I have always felt like my philosophy in life was not that I just wanted to get through it......or "survive"......I want to flourish.  However, this last month has really set me into survival mode.  I do what is absolutely necessary to stay alive and keep my children safe and cared for.  This has set my children in front of the TV far more than I would ever like to admit. 

I am NOT one of those women who go through pregnancy without feeling sick.  In fact, even on some serious anti-nausea medicine, I have a hard time keeping much down.  Which leads to me feeling weak....a lot.  And then there is my extremely low blood pressure which makes me feel like I will pass out every time I stand up.  So I have to eat lots of salty-stuff just to keep my blood pressure normal.  All of which does not make a good combination for running.  I neither have the energy nor the capacity to exercise at all, without feeling like I will DIE.  So..............this stinks massively.  If you know me at all, you know that my life literally depend on my run.  I love running so much.  It helps me in every faucet of my life.  Without it, I feel lost.  I feel like I have a serious screw loose. (I'm sure you all think I have one loose anyways......)

Soooooooooooooooo, I am surviving.  Going through the motions.  I spend most of my day on the couch. Its awesome! (extreme sarcasm!)

This has all made it 150% clear to me that this is, in deed, my final pregnancy.  I have come to realize that I am too old and can NOT do this again...EVER!  Which is a wonderful feeling!  No sitting on the fence.  I have closure!!!!!!  No wondering whether I should have one more or not.  There is NO question, whatsoever

That is the good news! 



Amongst my self-pity, we have tried to do our scripture clues and activities each day....however mild!



On Monday our "very exciting" scripture clue was Moses 5:1: 

"And it came to pass that after I, the Lord God, had driven them out, that Adam began to till the earth.....and to eat his bread by the sweat of his brow, as I the Lord had commanded him."   

So I put my little solders to work while we cleaned every nick and cranny of the basement. I am a mother who truly believes in putting her children to work. They live here, I expect them to work by the sweat of their brow to help maintain our home. They are hard little workers and I am so grateful!

*****

Tuesday our scripture clue was in D&C 38:30....


"......If ye are prepared, ye shall  not fear".   



So we talked about how good it feels when we are prepared for something and how it removes fear from our hearts.  So, I told the kids that they could put on a snow cone/candy sale on Thursday, IF THEY WERE PREPARED.   They made some decorations, posters and advertisements and such. They handed out fliers to some of the homes in our neighborhood. I was pleased with their efforts to organize themselves for the big day.


*****


Wednesday our scripture clue was from D&C 20:47 :

"And visit the house of each member, and exhort them to pray vocally and in secret and attend to all family duties". 

We talked about how important it is to do visiting teaching and home teaching.  They are too young to do this now, but I knew they could help me to do mine, by playing with the baby at the park while I visited with my sisters.  I always like to try to visit my "sisters" in their homes if possible, but seems how it's summer and all the kids are home, my partner and I  decided not to bombard their homes with all our children.  

We packed a lunch and met at a beautiful park where we were able to chat while the kids played together. 

How I adore each of the ladies I visit teach. I have always learned so much from them. What a wonderful plan the lord has set in place to help us make friends and watch over one another.

*****

Which brings us to THURSDAY....the big day!  Our scripture clue was in 3 Nephi 24:8-10:

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open upon you the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

My whole purpose in them having this "sale" was to give them a good opportunity to make a little money so they could pay their tithing. Hubster and I have always payed our tithing in full, since we married and what a wonderful blessing it has been to us.  We have been blessed both temporally and spiritually.  Certainly we are not wealthy in the eyes of the world, but we are so wealthy in blessings.  We have always had a home to live in, food to eat, clothes to wear.   We have been so blessed in our callings in church that have strengthened us spiritually.    I could not ask for more. 




They did a great job and even made a few buckaroos!  I didn't take a picture because that would have required me to move my self off the sofa....and I only do that lately for special occasions.   (hence....bathroom services).


Is that the longest post EVER?  Sorry about all my belly-aching!  I will pull it together...I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment