Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chicken Soup

Let's just say that I am taking an "early out" on scripture summer.   School is starting in 2 weeks and it is time to just relax.  Once school begins it is a very busy and exciting life.  Waking up early, homework, running around to all their activities and so forth.  I really want to take full advantage of the freedom summer brings.  No more schedules.  We are just going to play it by ear each day.    The kids have been diligent about reading everyday this summer for 20 minutes and doing their assigned homework, so I have decided to just let them have a little vacation too.  Arn't I nice?  They are thrilled!

So anyways, ya know what's relaxing?  Eating a warm bowl of chicken vegetable soup.  And since I pretty much live on it lately, I have come up with a splendid recipe that I just LOVE!   It's a compilation of many different recipes....made just the way I like it.  The best part is that it is so easy!  I throw all the ingredients in the crock pot for about 5 hours on high and then it is done.  That's it!  You don't even have to be smart to make this soup. 

Since I am feeling generous today, I thought I would share this fantastic recipe with you.

Ingredients:
3 large handfuls of baby carrots cut up
4 large potatoes peeled and cubed
1 small onion
1/2 cup dry celery or 1 cup fresh celery
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 cups of water
8 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cans canned chicken with juice
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dill weed
1 can of corn or other vegetable you like.

Now...  all you have to do is throw it all in the crock pot on high for 5 hours. You don't even have to look at it. When your thinking it's been long enough, just try a carrot or potato to see if they are soft enough and then serve it up! Its a perfectly balanced meal of protein, vegetables and carbs. And it is finger lick'in good too!

I could literally eat this for every meal! I have even been known to whip it out for breakfast occasionally. This is a very big batch, which is why I I take the remainder and freeze it in individual containers for lunches and such.

Hope you enjoy it too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment