Saturday, December 1, 2012

Weak Things

I have lots of weaknesses......like a ridiculous amount of weaknesses. In fact,  I would dare say that I have more than all of YOU combined. But we are promised in in the scriptures that if we are humble and have faith......our weaknesses can become our strengths.  

Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Wouldn't that be fantastic?

So I was thinking of a few of mine and how I could make them strengths.

For one....I am thee worst tooth fairy in the history of ever. I forget every single time. In fact, I will forget like 3-4 days in a row. I even hired my 9 year old to be official Stephens tooth fairy for her 6 year old brother...because I am THAT bad. But I feel bad about it because my 9 year old is still losing teeth...and wants some of the fun and magic. I have 3 more children I need to be awesome for.  I may have failed with 2 of my children.....but there is still hope. I don't want to spoil the magic and excitement of being a child with teeth falling out of their face.

So I decided to make a little tooth fairy pillow.  It is totally NOT fancy or cutish....but it is UNISEX and works.   I hope to amount to be the Worlds Best Tooth Fairy!  I can dream..... right?




The kids can put their tooth inside the fancy felt tooth and hang it on their door knob. This way....I will walk past it and forget-NOT! I am going to write myself notes if I have to. If it's important to my children, I want them to know it's important to me.

Another weakness I have really tried to work on these last few months has turned out to be such a joy. Attending the temple once a month has always been a struggle.  I know the blessings that come from attending and how important it is.....but it is so easy to get distracted from what matters most sometimes. 




So I committed a few months ago that I would attend the temple every Tuesday. I realized that I needed to keep that appointment with The Lord like I would any other appointment and do everything possible to make it happen. What a wonderful blessing this has been. I have felt the spirit so much more abundantly throughout my week. It makes me sad that I didn't start this sooner. I actually look forward to my Tuesday spiritual feast. There have been a few that I have not been able to go...because of a hurricane or a sick child....but I figure if I get there even 3 times a month....I am doing much much better than before.

And so the list goes on. I know I have a quadrillion more weaknesses to work on...but it is such a wonderful feeling to have made some progress. I know if I am humble and have faith, I can do all things better. 

Next up.....chocolate!

Sigh!


0 comments:

Post a Comment