Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our Little Angel

Words cannot express the extreme joy I have felt that came from giving birth to a healthy baby girl yesterday. Pregnancy has had it's ups and downs, like all the others. But after all is said and done, I would do it all over again, if it meant bringing this little joy into our family.





So yesterday morning, I was 37 weeks 3 days along and our little angel decided that she was coming...ready or NOT. I woke up early, as usual and hopped on my stationary bike for a little exercise and reading. Once I finished my 60 minute work out, I got in the tub and began getting ready for the day. My contractions grew closer and closer together and I felt like I should head to the doctors office for a check. I got the kids off to school and Sebastian to a friends house and gunned it to the office. The doctor checked me to find that I was dilated to a 6, so she sent me over to the hospital for delivery.

The contractions grew more frequent and painful and I was begging for the epidural. Unfortunately, it wasn't able to really help much because little miss Kendyl was ready to come right then. 15 minutes after Hubster arrived, she was born. 10:40am. She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 19 inches long.



After she was born, I was so overcome with emotion and gratitude for such an amazing blessing. To be an instrument with God in bringing another sweet spirit to earth felt like such an honored and wonderful calling. Even now, after the adrenaline rush has worn off and it is me and her alone in our hospital room, I can't help but feel extreme happiness as I hold her little brand new body close to my heart.



I cannot imagine there is a greater gift that Heavenly Father can give than to be a mother. Welcome to our family little kendyl!





3 comments:

AAlverson said...

Oh tawny she is so beautiful. I have been dying to see her little face. Makes me so excited to meet our little one. We love you and are so happy for your family.

Linda Roylance said...

She is such a beautiful little girl! I am so happy for you. (And you look fantastic!)

juanita said...

amazing story on her welcome to the world! Congratulations!

Post a Comment