Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Entangled


Our scripture activity for today was from Galatians 5:1 which says,

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yolk of bondage."

This was one of those moments when I was teaching my little ones but felt like they were teaching me instead! To go with the "entangled" part of the scripture,  I wrapped the kids up in yarn from head to toe.  As I wrapped them I told them that it represented bad choices they make in life.  One thing can lead to another and before we realize it, we are "tangled up"!  Then I asked them to break free.  They couldn't by themselves.  So, I got out the scissors and talked about them representing the Savior.  Without his help we can not loosen ourselves from the grips of the adversary.  Without repentance in our daily lives, we become more and more entangled until it is very difficult to break free.  Luckily, we have the help from the Savior who will come with the scissors to free us.   

(We had a few friends over do it with us, if your wondering where all these extra children came from.) 

How thankful I feel to have the scriptures in my life!

1 comments:

Linda Roylance said...

LOVE this...even though my children are older (teenagers) I am going to use this. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment